Workplace Hazards Faced by Hotel Housekeepers
Have you suffered from a work injury while working as a housekeeper?
Do you suffer from a repetitive strain injury?
Are you wondering if you qualify for workers’ compensation?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2015 the non-fatal occupational injury rate for hotel workers was 5.1 for every hundred workers. This compares to a rate of 3.3 for all industries.
These are just some of the injuries that hotel housekeepers can suffer while working:
- Musculoskeletal injuries from flipping mattresses
- Overexertion from pushing heavy carts
- Exposure to toxic cleaning chemicals
- Injuries suffered as the result of cleaning mirrors and bathroom fixtures in awkward postures
- Slip-and-fall injuries suffered while cleaning showers and tubs
- Repetitive motion injuries from dusting surfaces and stuffing pillow cases
- Exposure to blood and other bodily secretions
- Assaults by hotel guests and other staff members
Hotel housekeepers are covered by the workers' compensation system. Housekeepers who have suffered injuries while working should speak with an experienced attorney if they have questions about obtaining workers' compensation benefits.
There are a variety of benefits and settlements for injured or ill workers that include but are not limited to:
Medical benefits: The insurer will cover the costs for most medical treatment you need while you’re recovering from an on-the-job injury or illness.
Lost wages: The insurer should make up a portion of your lost wages in most cases.
Additionally, insurers may provide disability benefits for a workers’ compensation settlement if you have some type of permanent disability. Attorneys at our firm will also fight for your right to claim your settlement over a period of time, or in a lump-sum payment.
Get Started Today: Contact Experienced Colorado Workers’ Compensation Attorneys!
If you have questions about your workers' compensation rights, speak to our experienced Colorado workers’ compensation attorneys today! We make sure you and your case get the attention you deserve!
The initial consult with our office is free! If you have a question or concern about your claim for Colorado Workers' Compensation, please set up an appointment with us to discuss your rights.